Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 4 - FTI Diploma in Business Analysis

Day 4 on the FTI Diploma in Business Analysis Course and I am tired. 
We covered a lot tonight in terms of project lifecycles and the various reasons for project failure. The take away message for me was that the Business Analyst has a great responsibility to manage requirements in such a way that the various pitfalls that befall software projects can be avoided. 

Manage your stakeholders, manage the data sources, manage the way the requirements develop out of business needs through the use of some form of traceability matrix. 

Project Proposal Presentations coming up in just over a week. I have made my decision on what to project to base my business case deliverables. I need to come up with a draft presentation and begin the process of refining and practicing my presentation before the big day. Wish me luck!

Quote of the day: 

"If you don't know where you're going - any road will take you there." 
                                                                       - undisclosed

No comments:

Post a Comment